BADMINTON (BOYS‟ & GIRLS‟)
- CBSE Inter-School Badminton Tournament will be conducted according to the rules of Badminton Association of Indian (BAI).
- Every school can send one team comprising of maximum four players, in Under 14, Under 17 & Under 19 yrs separately in Boys‟ & Girls‟ category.
- All the participants must carry their valid age proof certificate and school/CBSE Board Identitycard.
- All the matches must be played on indoor courts with proper lighting arrangements.
- In Team Championship, the order of play shall be: Singles – Doubles – Singles.
- All the matches that are played on “league basis” – shall be of best of one game of 31 points with change of side at 15 points. The player that reaches first at 31 points, wins the match.
- All the matches that are played on “knock-out basis” – shall be of best of three games of 15 points each, & a match is won with the difference of 02 points. In case, of 14 – all; the game shall continue; however, the player that reaches first at 19 points wins the match.
- At Zone Level all the matches will be played strictly on knock-out basis. In case the numbers of teams in a particular age category are less, the championship in that category may be organized on league cum knock out basis.
- From each Zone first two position winning teams (i.e. winner & runners-up) will qualify to participate in the National Championship.
- No change shall be permitted in the composition of team from Zonal Level to National Level.
- The school Organizing Zone level competition shall take a Group Photo of the teams that have qualified to participate in National level competition. The photo shall be signed by the host school Principal and forwarded to the school organizing next level of competition along with the original entry Performa.
- National Championship will be conducted on League cum knock-out basis for which all the teams will be divided into different pools.
- At National level, one day of the Championship shall be dedicated exclusively to the Individual Championship.
- At National level: All the teams reporting may be divided into different pools in such a way that by and large no pool is of less than four teams. From each pool, the two teams emerging on top will qualify to play the knock-out stage matches.
INDVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP (BOYS’ & GIRLS’) ONLY AT NATIONAL LEVEL
- In addition to the Team Championship, separate Individual Championship shall also be played at National level on knock out basis.
- Each team reaching in the Nationals shall nominate one player who shall play singles title in each Age Category separately for boys & girls.
- In each age group, as per BAI ranking list, the top ten ranking players shall be eligible to play directly at National level in “Individual Championship”. However, if any player, ranking in top ten, has played at respective Cluster level Individual Championship, and has lost, shall no more be eligible to participate in Individual championship at National level.
MIXED DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIPS – ONLY AT NATIONAL LEVEL
- In addition to the Team Championship, a separate Mixed Doubles Championship shall also be played at National level on knock out basis.
- Each team reaching in the Nationals shall nominate one player from its team (other than the one who has already been nominated to play Individual Championship) to play in Mixed Doubles Championship in each Age Category.
- In all the Age Categories; the nominated Girls & Boys would be paired by lot.